Consolidated Professional Services  Consolidated   Professional   Services   CA Lic. # 388352
Phone: 209 712 0445
 Bathroom Remodeling
 Design, Consulting & Construction Consolidated Professional Services Portfolio Make sure the job is done correctly Free in Home Estimate
checkCheck Out Your Contractor
 Did you contact the Contractors State License Board (CSLB) to check the status of the contractor’s license?
     Contact the CSLB at 1-800-321-CSLB (2752) or visit their web site:

Did you get at least (3) local references from the contractors you are considering?
     Did you call them?

Building permits - will the contractor get a permit before the work starts?

checkCheck Out The Contract
 Free in Home Estimate - Click HereDid you read and do you understand your contract?

Does the three-day right to cancel a contract apply to you?
     Contact the CSLB if you don’t know.

Does the contract tell you when work will start and end?

Does the contract include a complete description of the work to be done, the material that will be used and equipment to be installed?
     This description should include a scale drawings, brand names, model numbers, quantities, and colors.
     Specific descriptions now will prevent disputes later.

Are you required to pay a down payment?
     The down payment should never be more than 10% of the contract price or $1,000, whichever is less.

Is there a schedule of payments?
     If there is a schedule of payments, you should pay only as work is completed and not before.
     There are some exceptions - contact the CSLB: or 1-800-321-CSLB (2752) to find out what they are.

Did your contractor give you a “Notice to Owner,” a warning notice describing liens and ways to prevent them?
     Even if you pay your contractor, a lien can be placed on your home by unpaid laborers, subcontractors, or material suppliers.
     A lien can result in you paying twice or, in some cases, losing your home in a foreclosure.
     Check the “Notice to Owner,” for ways to protect yourself.

Did you know changes or additions to your contract must be in writing?
     Putting changes in writing reduces the possibility of any later dispute.

checkInformation About Commercial General Liability Insurance
 Did your contractor tell you whether he or she carries Commercial General Liability Insurance?
     Home improvement contractors are required by law to tell you whether or not they carry Commercial General Liability Insurance.
     This written statement must accompany the bid, if there is one, and the contract.

What does this insurance cover?
     Commercial General Liability Insurance can protect against third-party bodily injury and accidental property damage.
     It is not intended to cover the work the contractor performs.

Is this insurance required?
     No. But the Contractors State License Board strongly recommends that all contractors carry it.
     The Board cautions you to evaluate the risk to your family and property when you hire a contractor who is not insured.
     Ask yourself if something went wrong, would this contractor be able to cover losses ordinarily covered by insurance?

How can I make sure the contractor is insured?
     If he or she is insured, the contractor is required by law to provide you with the name and telephone number of the insurance
     company. Check with the insurance company to verify that the contractor’s insurance coverage will cover your project.

What about a contractor who is self-insured?
     A self-insured contractor has made a business decision to be personally responsible for losses that would ordinarily be
     covered by insurance. Before contracting with a self-insured contractor, ask yourself, if something went wrong, would this
     contractor be able to cover losses that should be covered by insurance?

checkCalifornia License Law Notice
 California Law requires your contractor to give you the following notice:
     “State law requires anyone who contracts to do construction work to be licensed by the contractor’s state license board in the
     license category in which the contractor is going to be working--if the total price of the job is $500 or more (including labor
     and materials).”

     “Licensed contractors are regulated by laws designed to protect the public. If you contract with someone who does not have a
     license, the contractor’s state license board may be unable to assist you with a complaint. Your only remedy against an unlicensed
     contractor may be in civil court, and you may be liable for damages arising out of any injuries to the contractor or his or her

     “You may contact the contractor’s state license board to find out if this contractor has a valid license. The board has complete
     information on the history of licensed contractors, including any possible suspensions, revocations, judgements, and citations. The
     board has offices throughout California. Please check the government pages of the white pages for the office nearest you or call
     1-800-321-CSLB (2752) or visit there web site: for more information.”

E-mail us here: